Monday, May 18, 2009

Making a G4 pack!

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a G4 backpack kit from Quest Outfitters, which includes everything you need to make a G4 pack (minus the sewing machine). It took me a weekend to pin and cut out the pattern, and since then I was waiting to borrow my sister's sewing machine. Now I'm on to the actual sewing portion! You can see the nearly completed shoulder straps in the above picture.

There's been a bit of a learning curve (I don't have much experience sewing), but so far so good. I'm following the instruction almost to the T, except for a few alterations (I'm thinking of permanently stuffing the shoulder straps and waist belt with light foam, instead of leaving them with velcro openings for stuffing socks in).

After this project, I'm planning on making a sleeping bag of my own design. I'll keep you updated on how the backpack goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment